Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sydney's surgery

Sydney had another appointment with our ENT this past week. She is scheduled for surgery next week on Thursday. I am not a fan of surgery and medication (sounds a little odd coming from a PA who writes scripts for meds everyday) but this is necessary. Let me give you a little background info. When I was 7 years old I had to have a tooth pulled and I did fine during the procedure I really do not remember anything before or during the procedure but afterward there was a tornado and we were not able to leave the oral surgeons office. I believe we had to go in a inner room and wait out the storm. Well then we went home and my mom had changed the gauze in my mouth and got me settled back on the couch and I had a seizure. I do not remember the actual seizure but I remember my mom being upset and then we had to go to the doctor to get checked out and there was another tornado. Overall it was a bad day. From that point on I have avoided xylicaine because we thought I might have an allergy, what is more likely is that I was given a toxic dose (I was very petite). When I had both Sydney and Griffin Sawyer I refused all pain meds because I would rather deal with the pain and avoid the unknown effects of medications. So I am a bit nervous about Syd's surgery. I trust her ENT, I refer to him weekly and I am pleased with the care we have received but I am not looking forward to her having to be in pain. Sydney will be having a tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy and also tubes. Syd has had strep way too many times in the last year and has fluid in her ears that is affecting her hearing. Bill and I are both ready for her to be well and to be able to hear us without us yelling. Her surgery will be Thursday morning and we would greatly appreciate your prayers. My mom is coming next week to stay with Syd because she needs to be home from day care for 2 weeks so we are looking forward to her visit. Sydney is already talking about all the things she is going to do with Grammie la la.

1 comment:

  1. I can understand why you would be nervous - I really hope this helps!!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete