Monday, September 27, 2010

Remembering


Reading all the posts on my mom's blog about my niece has me thinking about when we brought Sydney and Griffin home.
Griffin seems so tiny, even the hospital hat is big. Both of our babies weighed 7 lbs 5 oz when they were born.


Proud daddy rocking Sydney the day she was born.


Sydney seems so small all swaddled

I remember getting home on a Tuesday with Sydney and my mom was flying in the next day. Tuesday night I had a bit of a break down. I was sore from natural childbirth. I was tired because I did not want to miss a thing at the hospital and so I hardly slept and we kept Sydney in our room. I was also a bit stressed about the nursing thing. My milk took a while to come in and I just felt this enormous weight of being the one to feed my baby. Bill kept telling me to rest and he would watch her and I kept saying she has to eat in just a few minutes I might as well stay up. I cried because I was so tired and also worried that something was going to happen to her. I think I broke down because it all culminated and was overwhelming.

Gramie to the rescue. My mom arrived and was more than willing to hold a baby. Since my mom nursed all four of us girls she was helpful in the breast feeding advice area.

Bill had gone back to work so he slept and my mom took one of the night time shifts so I could catch up on some sleep.

Gramie was here for over a week, including Thanksgiving day. I remember days of relaxing and holding our precious girl.



My mom helped me bath Sydney, it is always helpful to have an extra set of hands when bathing an infant. Plus someone needs to take pictures.



Looking back I am amazed at how tiny Sydney seemed!

It was a bit different bringing home Griffin! We were not nearly as nervous, at least not about having a newborn. We were a little worried about how Sydney would handle a new baby.
She was smitten from the moment she first held Griffin.

I was always a little torn because Sydney was jealous and Griffin was a newborn so his needs were immediate and I was only one momma with two hands. At times Sydney was frustrated if one of us had Griffin and she wanted our attention. We worked through things but it took some adjusting.
We let her help as much as possible, including with bath time. However, she was a bit turned off my his cord.


I love remembering the first days with our little ones.






No comments:

Post a Comment