Sunday, November 21, 2010

Oh Yummy!

Pancakes



2 cups organic whole wheat pastry flour (must be pastry)

2 tsp baking powder

1 Tbsp ground flaxseed (I left out)

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp vanilla extract

2 tsp agave nectar or honey (I have honey)

1/8 tsp salt

2 large eggs

1 cup unsweetened organic brown rice milk (I used skim milk)

1 and 1/4 cup organic yogurt (I used plain)

1 Tbsp melted butter, cooled

1 Tbsp butter for cooking



Blend flour, baking powder, flaxseed, cinnamon. vanilla, agave nectar and salt in large bowl. Whisk eggs in separate bowl, add milk, yogurt and melted butter. Combine dry and wet ingredients. Melt butter on skillet and cook as you do normal pancakes- wait til they bubble to flip.



So yummy even with my changes. I also added a few blueberries to mine. I think this time of year it would be yummy to add some pumpkin in place of the some of the yogurt. I made these this afternoon and tried one plain to see how they tasted. Yummy even without syrup or a drizzle of honey. Griffin can eat 5 pancakes and I mean regular size pancakes! The boy can eat so I usually make a big batch of pancakes on Sunday for week day mornings. Try these on your family they are yummy and healthy. Reminder children less than 12 months should NOT have honey!



This recipe is from A book called Organically Raised by Anni Daulter.

1 comment:

  1. We actually had pancakes for dinner tonight :) And I definitely added blueberries to mine :) :) Your recipe sounds very good!!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete