Friday, April 23, 2010

It Happens

Do you know this song by Sugarland?

Missed my alarm clock ringing
Woke up, telephone screaming
Boss man singing his same old song
Rolled in late about an hour
No cup of coffee, no shower
Walk of shame with two different shoes on

Now it's poor me, why me, oh me, boring
The same old worn out, blah, blah story
There's no good explanation for it at all

CHORUS:
Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning
Ain't no need to over think it
Let go, laughing
Life don't go quite like you planned it
We try so hard to understand it
The irrefutable, indisputable fact is
It happens

There is more to the song but you get it.

Well here is my version:

Up half the night feeding baby
woke up at ten to 5 with toddler
giving baby a bath, washing sheets and scrubbing bumper pad before 6
two outfit changes before leaving at 7 due to spit up
stuck behind bus
dealing with three year old tantrum in daycare lobby
while juggling all the bags, extra clothes, bottles ect

All I can say is it happens and we need to learn to roll with life. Honestly I have never been an hour late to work and I usually do not skip coffee because my husband makes it for me every morning and brings it upstairs for me to enjoy while I get ready. I would not trade my life for anyone's but some mornings are a real challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment