Thursday, February 13, 2014

Griffin's room remodel

Even though Griffin still fits in his toddler bed it was time for a big bed and a room remodel.  Bill and I were tired of the old blue and wanted a more grown up look for the room. 
I bought these letters at Hobby Lobby, lots of buttons and hot glue sticks.  It was a process but I love the way the colors of the buttons on the wall pulled in the colors from his quilt.  G is for Griffin S is for Sawyer.

 We changed the color of the walls.  I bought these white bins for his dresser at Ikea to have extra storage for little toys.
 
 
I kept the sign that a girl at work bought me for Griffin's baby shower and also these star chains I made years ago. 

Bill and I bought this map at a toy store in Flat Rock and Bill had it mounted on a board (made of almost Plexiglas material) at Hobby Lobby.  The map and board are actually screened to the wall so it is very sturdy.
A new bed from Ikea and a quilt set from Target completed the look.  We have had the canvas bins from Pottery Barn since he was a baby. 
 
What do you think?  Griffin loves his new room!

No comments:

Post a Comment