Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Monday, December 28, 2009
1. Meghan gets a new job- what a blessing! I work with 3 wonderful female pediatricians and a great group of nurses, office staff and administration.
2. Pregnant with our second child! Some of the fun details here and here.
3. Visits from family- my sister, her husband and their two children! The kids had a great time playing and we had a good visit. We visited the Lazy 5 Ranch and had a fabulous time. Mom and Papa came to watch Sydney the week of the 4th of July, see details here. Christopher (my husbands son) and a buddy of his came to visit and later in the year Marcus (my husbands other son) and one of my husbands old friends came to town. Mom and Papa returned in November to meet their grandson. We enjoyed having all the company and welcome everyone in 2010.
4. Great vacations! We were blessed with a free trip to Myrtle Beach due to my husbands selling ability. We had a wonderful time- highlights here. We spent a second week at Myrtle Beach at a different resort for a conference for my work- again we had a great time. See details of that beach trip here and here and here. Sydney and I flew to Michigan for my sisters baby shower and had a great visit- details here and here and here.
5. My husband and I celebrated 7 years of marriage. I cannot believe how quickly the time passes. I am blessed to have Bill as my partner and best friend. Life is not always rosy but we are a team and we both appreciate each other and the life we have been given.
6. Our son Griffin Sawyer Hall was born on October 9th. He weighed 7 lbs 5 ounces and was healthy. We realize how truly fortunate we are and we try not to take our healthy children for granted. See details about Griffin here and more here. At the same time that I was pregnant my sister Ashley was pregnant- her daughter Daniela was born November 24th and is a super cutie. See Daniela here. I also had 3 friends that were pregnant- we all had boys except Ashley. All mommies and babies are healthy and that is truly a miracle.
7. Sydney celebrated her 3rd birthday! Mom and Papa were here for the big event which was great. We had a great time celebrating. Sydney is a spunky girl but a true joy. Bill and I are in amazement daily. She continues to grow and learn and adds so much to our lives. We are so blessed to have Sydney in our lives. See birthday fun here.
As you can tell from reading through this post we feel very blessed and are so thankful for all our blessings. We hope and pray that our friends and family are equally blessed and recognize all their blessings- big and small. We are looking forward to 2010 with excitement and anticipation for what God has in store for our lives. Care to share the top events in your life in 2009?
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Saturday, December 26, 2009
First wagon ride around the house- wagon from Grammie La la and Grandpa for Syd and Griffin to share Griffin Sawyer just hanging out- wearing little Santa's helper pjs from our neighbors
Griffin Sawyer surrounded by his presents
Mommy and Sydney opening brothers play yard from Grammie and Grandpa
He loves it!
Smiles, doesn't he look adorable on the pillow?
Sydney opening her little yellow kitten from Santa, she loves it
The mommy kitten came with three babies that attach with magnets
Daddy looking through kodak gallery book mommy made
Friday, December 25, 2009
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Last night the living room looked like a tornado had hit. I just knew she would give me a fight about picking up toys so I decided to attempt to make picking up a game. I told her we were going to play "beat the timer" so we set the timer and raced into the living room to pick up. She was putting memory cards back in the box and I was picking up blocks and she yells "hurry mommy get your arms moving". I cracked up! Well we beat the timer so high fives we passed out and mission accomplished the living room was clean.
She is too funny sometimes. I keep a journal for each of the kids and I write down stuff they say and do with the date. Some entries are detailed and pages long and some are one liners. I try to write things like this that Sydney says and little things she does so one day I can read through and reminisce I plan to give the journals to my kids one day, maybe when they leave home.
Have your kids said anything funny lately?
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
1 and 1/4 C milk
1 tsp salt
1/3 lb grated american cheese
1 lb bacon, fried, drained and broken into pieces
3 T butter
2 medium onions
1 green pepper
1 large can mushrooms, drained
2, 3 oz cans of tomato paste
1 jar spaghetti sauce
5 dashes of Worcestershire
4 drops Tabasco sauce
2 T brown sugar
2 T vinegar
Mix all top ingredients and pour into large buttered casserole dish, dot with butter and bake at 325 for 35 minutes. Cook onions and pepper in a bit of butter or olive oil until just tender and add all remaining sauce ingredients. Simmer sauce ingredients together in large skillet and serve on top of egg casserole or on the side. Yummy!
My mom usually made this dish on Christmas morning- so yummy and feeds a crowd. We will be having it with cinnamon rolls and some fruit Christmas morning. I plan to make the sauce and cook my bacon a day in advance so I have minimal cooking to do that morning since I will be watching Syd open gifts.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Can you believe only 3 days until Christmas? I am excited. Bill and I did very little this year in fact just bought for our kids but we are looking forward to seeing their reaction. Actually Griffin will not have much of a reaction so we are looking forward to seeing Syd's reaction to her gifts. I did get a few stocking stuffers for my husband and I made him a special gift that I know will make him cry- he is tender hearted. We will be having a very nontraditional meal since it is only going to be the 4 of us (3 that eat real food)- potato soup. We will however be having a family tradition for brunch- Spanish Omelet! I will share the recipe later.
Well gotta run someone is a bit cranky at the moment.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
This is Sydney's Christmas tree, she has her own ornaments, notice they are all in a basket next to the tree. I keep trying to get a picture of the tree decorated but as soon as she puts all the ornaments on the tree she takes them right off.
I made these ornaments last year for relatives and teachers at day care. I cannot believe how much Sydney has changed in a year.
A few Christmas boxes.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
There was as much poop or more outside of the diaper than there was inside. I once had a mom bring her child to an appointment with me 45 minutes late because of a poopy diaper. At the time I was irritated because we have a 15 minute late policy but because the child was sick I went ahead and saw him. I believe he had an ear infection and I would hate to have him be miserable just because his mom was late. Anyway if it was a poop like this I guess I can understand being 45 minutes late. This required a bath for sure!
Griffin is 2 months old today! I will post his 2 month pic and stats tomorrow after his 2 month well child check. Bummer he gets shots.