Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Cookies

I love this recipe! My friend Joanne a registered dietitian shared it with me so I feel great when I eat these cookies!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together 1 cup canola oil and 2 cups light brown sugar. Mix in 1/2 Cup egg substitute (or 2 eggs), 2 tsp orange zest, 1 tsp pure orange extract and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. In a medium bowl whisk together 1 and 1/2 Cups all purpose flour (I often use whole wheat or do 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 all purpose), 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt. Stir in 3 cups rolled oats and add to sugar mixture, mix well. Fold in 2 cups dried cranberries and 1/2 cup pecans (so yummy). Drop by the tablespoon full 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet or stone and bake 10-12 minutes or just until edges are golden brown. Let cool on sheet for 3-4 minutes and transfer to wire racks. Store in airtight container. So good!

1 comment:

  1. I just bought craisins, I'll have to try these cookies, when I'm feeling better. They sound yummy, and I'll use Splenda and half & half.

    ReplyDelete