Sunday, May 17, 2009

What a Savings!!

Most of you know that I play the grocery game, if you are still not playing you need to sign up. If you read my moms blog www.reinventingdorsey.blogspot.com you have heard all about her savings. I have been playing since some time in 2008 but I decided in 2009 to keep a close recording of my spending and savings. Before I played the grocery game I spent an average of 125 at the grocery store per week and I had no pantry. I mainly shopped for 1 week or groceries based on my meal plan or the week. Now I spend way less per week and I have a huge pantry of food and we had to buy an extra freezer! Here is my record for the year so far:

January:
Spent 536.05 Saved 241.00 Savings 45%

February:
Spent 392.83 Saved 243.31 Savings 62%

March:
Spent 462.60 Saved 202.25 Savings 44%

April:
Spent: 455.98 Saved 205.79 Savings 45%

Here is a list of all the things I have gotten free this year:
reusable shopping bag
mahatma rice mix (4)
crest toothpaste 6.4 oz (2)
French's mustard 14 oz
Colgate toothpaste (4)
trident gum
Del monte diced tomatoes
Colgate adult tooth brush
blistex lip care
Mentos gum (6)
Huggies bathwash
French's Worcestershire sauce



As you can tell from the list we have a closet full of toothpaste but it was all free! Bill is always teasing me about running out of stuff but I figure free is free and if I get too much I can always donate to the food bank or salvation army. The above grocery bill is most of our meals because we eat out very little and I pack lunch for Bill and myself. If you haven't already consider joining. If you do join please put my name down as the person who referred you and I can earn free weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment