Monday, June 6, 2011

Apple Turnovers

I created this recipe the other day when I had some apples that were not bad but not really crisp anymore.  I also had 1/2 of a sheet of puff pastry leftover from chicken pot pie.  I cup the 1/2 sheet in half (so each turnover uses 1/4 of a sheet of puff pastry- sprinkled with a little flour and just rolled out a bit.  I quartered 1 apple and took out seeds, peeled and then spliced very thin.  I put half of each apple in middle of puff pastry square, then I sprinkled apples with cinnamon, 1/4 tsp of sugar and put 2 little dots of butter (may 1/8 tsp).  I folded pastry over so it was the shape of triangle and pinched the edges.  I used egg yolk and brushed top of pastry.  I baked pastry at 350 for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.  We ate these with a scoop of ice cream on top.  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment