Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Current Read

I am currently reading Choosing to See by Mary Beth Chapman.  I listened to Steven Curtis Chapman as a teen, through college and still to this day.  When I heard of the tragedy and death of their child Maria I was brought to tears and remember praying for their family.  The book Choosing to See is about the tragedy that occurred on May 21st, 2008 but it is also the story of Mary Beth Chapman and her faith and struggles.  It is a story that will make you weep and also laugh and at the same time will inspire you in your own faith.  I am half way through the book and I already want to share and encourage others to read it.  This past year has been tough, in my own life with the loss of Bill's mom and also at my office, several friends and coworkers have suffered great loss.  Last week a child in our community lost a three year battle with cancer.  So much weeping and feelings of being defeated, yet there is HOPE.  In the words of Steven Curtis "We are not home yet". 

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you  hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

I am thankful that this world is not the end and that we can live eternally, reunited with our loved ones if they belong to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment