Thursday, March 15, 2012

Puzzle

I bought this puzzle and worked on it for 2 weeks.  Bill teased me a little bit saying old ladies do puzzles, "what?"  He says in the 11 years he has known me he has never seen me do a puzzle.  My response was that I really have not had the time- undergrad, grad school, moving and new job, then a new baby and then toddler and another baby.  So anyway I am just now at the point where I think it is manageable and feasible to get out a puzzle and leave it out on the card table in between working on it. 
I could not help but think that puzzles are similar to life in a way.  When I start a puzzle I usually soft the edge pieces from the inside pieces and get the border together first.  There are times in my life when I feel overwhelmed and I really just need to sort a bit and prioritize what to tackle first.  I am the type of person that has to clean my desk before sitting down to work (usually it is clean to begin with) but you know what I mean.  If my house is a mess or just cluttered a bit I really have to pick up and organize before I can work on any projects and definitely before I can relax. 
I am also detail oriented and I loved the detail in this puzzle

Have you put together a puzzle lately?  It is very relaxing, satisfying and also good for your brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment