Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentine's Day

I believe that it is the small things in life that can make it special. I am always looking for simple, inexpensive ways to make holidays and ordinary days special and fun. For our Valentine's breakfast we had heart shaped pancakes.


I set up a treasure hunt for Sydney.


She is searching for red construction paper hearts with a treat taped to them.


Here they are, I put a message on each heart "We love you because...", there were 7 and once she found them all we read them out loud to her.


For Bill I put a little note in his lunch every day of the week leading up to Valentine's day that said "I love you because..." and I gave him 1 dove heart each day. No big gifts, very little money spent but we all felt special.




3 comments:

  1. Great ideas! Remember the turtle pancakes & the occasional bunny I used to make?

    Love the treasure hunt idea - I've done them with Michael & Ava and now Miss Sydney is old enough. I wish I could read the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they said

    "we love you because...
    you are our baby girl
    you are smart
    you are gentle and kind
    you make us smile
    you bring joy to each day"

    that is all I can remember

    ReplyDelete