Tuesday, May 8, 2012

One Day

Our church recently finished up a sermon series on Death, Heaven and Hell.  It was eye opening and a good reminder of how temporary this life really is.  Of course I really enjoyed the Sunday we discussed Heaven and what scripture has to say about the topic.
Our pastor talked about how wonderful just one day in Heaven will be.  Have you ever had a day that was so wonderful you just wished it never had to end?  For instance a day of vacation when the weather is just right, the company is perfect and you are so relaxed and at peace and you think wow if only it could be like this forever.  Or what about a day with someone you love, I remember the days when Bill and I were dating and our time together was so new, exciting and I always dreaded the end of the day when I had to go home.  Well the Bible says "Better is one day in your courts than thousands elsewhere;" Psalm 84:10 Can you imagine one day in a place being better than a thousand in another? 

Revelation 21:1 says "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away..."  Can you imagine an earth more beautiful than this one?  God created so much beauty on this earth and I cannot begin to imagine how the new earth will compare. 
I know that I am looking forward to the day I will live in such a place. 

1 comment: