Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pros and Cons of My Pregnancy


I feel very blessed with a healthy pregnancy this time around and with Sydney, however there are a few things that do not make me smile.




*heartburn- I had never had heartburn until I was pregnant, wow it can be bad! I know what foods to avoid but honestly some days I look at food and I can feel the burn. I do believe in the old wives tale -lots of heartburn- lots of hair, we will have to wait and see if it comes true this time around with our little boy.




*uncontainable cleavage- I am not sure if this is a pro or a con? Most maternity shirts are way too low cut so I find myself wearing tank tops under everything in order to keep things decent.




*cravings-I do not have any unusual cravings but I want sweets everyday all day- not good for the waste line. I also love Mexican food, fruit (especially oranges- not so good for the heartburn), peanut butter, queso and chips, hmm did I mention anything chocolate.




*glossy hair and strong nails




*miracle of pregnancy itself- feeling the baby move, nothing in the world compares. I feel so fortunate to be able to conceive and carry a child without complications. Pregnancy is a gift that no one should ever take for granted.




*gas- okay I know this is a bit personal but if you have been pregnant you understand. It probably has to do with all the fiber I consume.




*fatigue- this was bad early on but is gone now, thank goodness. Now I have that surge of energy and am motivated to do projects, organizing etc. I have run out of things to work on right now.




*frequent trips to the bathroom- especially when he is kicking my bladder!




*sleeping issues- I want to sleep on my back so bad!!! I like sleeping on my side but now that it is the only option I want to lay on my back.




*difficulty painting toenails -what a challenge! Instant heartburn when I bend over! I should just treat myself to pedicure but I am too frugal to pay someone to do something that I can do myself.




I am sure there are more pros and cons, and there are plenty of things yet to come- such as swelling and back pain, however I am still overjoyed to be pregnant and I am attempting to soak up each and every moment of what might be my last pregnancy. The above picture is me 8 months pregnant with Sydney.


2 comments:

  1. Heartburn - ack! Worse with my girl than my boy, and she did have much more hair.

    Cleavage - DOUBLE ACK!! I put a tank under everything too, but even those betrayed me sometimes. What's the deal with that?

    Sleeping - I carried both of mine sooooo far forward that I had this huge belly. I had to sleep on my side, but the pull of gravity on my belly was awful. I tried to keep a pillow under it, but it always worked its way out by the end of the night.

    I totally agree that pregnancy is a gift, and I loved it. Hopefully soon to be again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I wish you luck. I have definately been betrayed by the tank top, oh well.

    ReplyDelete