Wednesday, June 24, 2009

PUT ON YOUR MASK!

Well it has happened, swine flu has hit my office. I did not personally see the patient that tested positive but I did see a patient that was on a trip with the kid. Of course this is scary for all of us, we are taking all precautions possible. If a patient comes in with cough and fever we are having them wear a mask and I am also wearing a mask. I feel like I am back on my surgery routine with all the masks. I have been sicker this year than any recent years, which still is very healthy compared to some people. I have had strep throat this year and also the stomach virus. Since I am pregnant my immune system is not as strong as usual. I hate being sick and I do not want anymore illnesses this year. Sydney is in this oral stage lately where she is constantly putting her hands near or in her mouth. Some may call me a clean freak, but at least I am usually healthy. Everyday when we come home I wash my hands and Sydney washes her hands. I also usually get out of the clothes I wore to work since kids cough, sneeze and breath on me all day. Also I am so bad to hug on the kids, I cannot help myself. We keep sani wipes in the care and I try to give Sydney one when we get in the car after going to grocery etc. I started thinking about the library books that I just checked out and it grosses me out a bit but I am not ready to give up library books. Pray for health at our house and also our community!

No comments:

Post a Comment