Friday, October 16, 2009

Doctor Visit






Bill and I took Griffin to the doctor on Monday for a routine check up. Dr. Riley said he was doing great but wanted us to come back in 3 days to check his weight. On Monday he weighed 6 lbs 13 oz. My milk had just come in on Sunday night so we were not surprised by his weight. Well we went back to the office yesterday and he gained 6 ounces in 3 days!! Typical weight gain is between .5-1 ounce per day at this age. My little man is quite the eater and I must have enough "mommy milk". With Sydney I never had enough milk and had to supplement, I was hoping this time would be different. Griffin is also a great sleeper. I know I can here the groans from some of my friends that have children that have never slept well. I do think I know a few tricks but I may also just be blessed with good babies. It also may be too early to say for sure but so far so good. Dr. Riley says I do not need to wake him up at night to nurse but boy when I wake up feeling more than full sometimes I just have to wake him. Last night he went to bed at 1030 and he was stirring a bit at 330 so I went ahead and got him up. He went back down at 5 and he is still sleeping and it is almost 9. He is so precious and so calm and content. We are all in love with him and just want to snuggle him all the time.

While we were out yesterday we took a basket of baked goods to Dr. Brooks' and Dr. RJ's office to thank them and all the staff for taking care of us during the pregnancy. I was able to get a picture of Dr. RJ holding Griffin. I have a picture of Dr. Brooks holding Sydney when she was born and of course we have to scrapbook the big event. So here are a few cute pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment