Monday, January 31, 2011

craft idea

I saw this idea on Lisa Leonard's blog and thought I would give it a try. All you need is a canvas- any size will do (I buy my when on sale at hobby lobby), acrylic paint (any color), glitter (any color), and a paint brush.
Apply paint heavily and spread in any pattern (can you see the texture of the paint?)- I then used a cookie cutter and set it in the paint just so I could see the shape and then sprinkled with glitter- let dry several days. My canvas is sitting on my desk propped up by a picture frame stand!
The possibilities are endless- any shape, also you could do a word or name- use a toothpick to outline the letters and then sprinkle glitter.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! What a great idea for a girls' birthday gift. Carleigh LOVES crafts, and she could do this one all by herself! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete