Friday, August 10, 2012

Roxaboxen

We have a new favorite book, it is Roxaboxen by Alice McLerran.  This book and the story of the kids in the book building a city out of rocks and colorful glass reminds me of my childhood.  In the book the kids create their own little houses by outlining an area with rocks and colored glass.  Then they create a mini city complete with a bakery, cemetery and two ice cream shops. 

When I was little my neighbor and friend Pam and I would create houses using grass clippings.  We would also make barns and areas for our horses which we would pretend to ride.  I love the use of imagination.  Sydney and I enjoyed this book and it may need to added to our personal library. 
Do you have a favorite book that you read to your kids?  Any books that remind you of your childhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment