Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My poor baby


Sydney is sick...I got the dreaded call this afternoon from daycare saying Sydney was throwing up and running a fever. So after wrapping things up with my last patient I race from the office only to be confronted with rain. Of course not just rain but the kind that goes horizontal! When I get to the daycare one of her teachers is holding her and she just looks so pale. Now we are home and in the last 1.5 hours my child has said 1 word, this is not my Sydney. She just fell asleep and I am washing her clothes and getting something to eat. Now that I am working in pediatrics I tell parents daily that their children have a virus and it will run its course. As a parent this is so frustrating, I wish there was a medication I could give her to make her feel better. Instead I can only hold her, and tell her she will be better soon. Does she understand?? So I guess for the next day or so we will be at home snuggled up trying to get well.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! poor darling. I hope she's back to her old self soon. Tell her Gramie is sick too and I wish we lived closer together, cuz I'd snuggle her up and then we'd both feel better.

    ReplyDelete