Friday, July 16, 2010

The Clothes Swap

While my family was in town we had the great clothes swap, in stages. I have three sisters and three of us have kids now, two of my sisters are pregnant and due in September, one is having a boy and one is having a girl. No this is not one of those crazy word math problems. This is the breakdown:
My sister Amanda has a boy almost 7, and a girl almost 5 so she has passed down girl clothes to me for Syd and now boy clothes for Griffin. This same sis is expecting a boy so I gave her all the little baby boy clothes that Griffin has outgrown.
I have Sydney 3.5 and Griffin 9 month so I have been passing clothes down to Ashley who has Daniela who is almost 8 months. Ashley is going to pass the clothes from me and more down to Audra (our baby sis) who is expecting her first baby, a girl.
Did you follow all that? So all of us sisters were together except Audra so my mom sat in as Audra and got clothes for her baby. Ashley picked out stuff for Daniela. I have 5 bins of girl clothes!


Daniela helped pick a few things






Then when Amanda came to town later in the week I went through all the boy stuff she brought and loved it all and she basically took as much as her suitcase would hold back with her for her upcoming baby boy. I will still need to ship her more clothes and baby items. At this point I got lazy with the camera and did not take pics of the second half of the swap, plus I was too busy looking at clothes. We are so fortunate to have each other to share with, it really helps financially. Plus it is so fun to see all the clothes again and to remember when your child wore certain things.
How do you clothe your children? Do you swap clothes or go to second hand sales?




1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE hand-me-downs for our kids, and definitely pass ours on when we are through. It is such a blessing!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete