Saturday, July 31, 2010

Disappointment

I am disappointed, our garden did not thrive as I had hoped. I had these expectations and they have not been met. We bought rich topsoil so I really felt everything would grow well and produce lots of veggies. We have had a handful of tomatoes, and there are lots of green ones still hanging but nothing like I have had in the past. I have picked 2-3 zucchini, 1 cucumber, a handful of green beans on 2-3 occasions. Still no peppers although the plants are tall and have flowers. I went to the seed store and talked with the guy and he said his garden has been about the same. He blames it on the extreme heat that we have had. I guess if it is not just me then I can deal with it but I hate to fail at anything. I envisioned walking out to the garden and picking baskets of produce and it has not happened. So Sydney and I picked out a few things that we can plant in the fall and we will try to get another set of crops from the garden. How has your garden grown?

No comments:

Post a Comment