Monday, July 12, 2010

I'm Back!

Did you miss me? Well I missed you guys. I took a little break from blog land while we had company. I have caught up on every one's blog and I am back in action myself. Over the last week and a half I took 400 pictures so get ready. I am not sure who took more photos, me or my mom, actually my mom probably did so you may want to check out her blog here. We have been super busy and have had lots of fun. Sydney and I worked on some 4th of July treats on Saturday the 3rd while waiting for the first set of company to arrive. Have you seen this or this? Well, we were inspired and decided to make some special red, white and blue cupcakes.









We started with a white cake mix and made it according to the directions on the box

then we divided the batter in half


added food coloring, red and blue
Isn't my happy helper adorable?





then we put red on the bottom




and blue on top, careful not to mix



then we baked according to directions






they came out perfect and so we let them cool and added white frosting and a flag!






It was a wonderful fourth of July. More pictures later...







1 comment: