Friday, December 3, 2010

Especially on Wednesdays

I miss my mother in law everyday but especially on Wednesdays. We used to talk every Wednesday in the afternoon (and often in between) since it was my half day. We talked about how she was feeling and if she had been anywhere. We would talk about the weather. She always wanted to know if I was taking care of Bill and how his sugars were lately. She loved to hear the latest on Griffin and Sydney and what sort of things they were saying and doing. We talked about my job and Bill's work and whether or not he had sold any bathrooms lately. We talked about stuff and just life. I miss talking to Sally. Every Wednesday when I get home I almost start dialing her number out of habit. When the kids are doing something funny or learn something new I pick up the phone, only to realize she cannot answer. I miss my mother in law.

No comments:

Post a Comment