Saturday, October 22, 2011

Mama's Ugly Apple Cake

I have a student shadowing me on Thursday mornings and she sent me the link for this recipe and I am so glad.  Since we were just at the orchard and have lots of apples I wanted to try a few new recipes.  Well this recipe for Mama's Ugly Apple Cake is a winner.  I actually made a few adjustments- I used 1 cup sugar in the cake and 1 cup of splenda.  I used 2 golden delicious apples and 2 galas.  I also only made 1/2 of the frosting and I used a little milk instead of the lemon juice so that we could drizzle it instead of frosting the whole cake.  Then I decide to just leave the frosting on the side and the cake is actually delicious without the frosting.  So yummy.  Griffin had a check up this am so we took some to the office to share with my coworkers so we may actually have to make another cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment