Thursday, July 30, 2009

Castaway Cafe



Baby slide
















Grammie and Syd, one of the few times she went down on her lap.









Grammie and Sydney climbing to the top!



The main structure



While in Michigan visiting my family we visited the Castaway Cafe on two occasions. I had heard all abut the cafe from my mom who takes a little boy named GT who she does respite care for on the weekends. Anyway I had heard lots about the place but had never been there. Wow what a place. You will be able to understand when you see the pictures but it is an indoor play area, complete with slides, bridges and all sorts of things to climb through. The first day we went I stayed for just a few minutes to get Sydney settled and take a few pics and then left her with Grammie La la while I went over to the outlet mall with my sister. We were gone about an hour and when we got back my poor mother was exhausted, her hair was damp from sweat. My child is fearless, my mom would try to have her sit on her lap to go down the slide but Sydney would just go by herself. The heights did not bother her a bit she kept climbing to the very top level. The next day we went back and met my friend Megan, her husband Don, her mom Jan and her two boys Henry and Patrick. Again Sydney had a blast. I would have enjoyed climbing up with her but being 7 months pregnant I did not think it was a great idea. Sydney just loved the cafe and she was so tired afterward! So was Grammie. I do not know of a similar place anywhere in North Carolina but I wish there was, it is cheap (3 dollars for Syd) and great exercise.

1 comment:

  1. Great shots of the whole structure. And thanks I now know how big my behind looks while climbing up the rope inclines. LOL
    It was as much fun for Gramie as it was for Sydney.

    ReplyDelete