Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day away with Ellie

My friend Ellie and I enjoyed an afternoon and evening away.  We were celebrating her birthday and our friendship.
We started at Brixx Pizza-yummy!

Then we headed over to the new Whole Foods and took our time browsing and reading labels.  We sampled a few cheeses, salmon salad and grapes.  I was tempted to buy these sunflowers, they reminded me of my sister Amanda.
Have you seen these?  I almost bought the bag to give them a try.

I drooled over the antipesto bar, okay not literally but yummy.
We bought coffee at Starbucks and it took us forever to figure out what these little green sticks were for, oh yes to plug the hole in the lid, ingenius.
We went to the Mellow Mushroom for dinner but since we had pizza for lunch and we were not that hungry we shared a stuffed portabello mushroom and each had a greek salad, again so yummy.

We walked across the street to a place called Elsewhere which is a living museum, nothing is for sale.  We walked around and reminised about toys we used to have, for instance the phone on wheels, trolls and a glow worm.




It was a wonderful day and I feel blessed to have a friend like Ellie.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like an AWESOME day! So glad you ladies are taking time out of your hectic schedules for yourselves and for each other!!

    ReplyDelete