Wednesday, June 20, 2012

recipe- Sunshine Casserole

This is a recipe my mom made when I was growing up and it is so yummy.  A great way to use summer squash.  The recipe is from a friend of my mom. 

1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 tsp cumin
4 yellow squash
10 oz package corn, cooked
1/2 tsp garlic salt, or 1 fresh clove
2 Cups grated cheddar cheese (I use sharp)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 T butter
bread crumbs

Saute onion in butter, add cut up squash (I like small cubes 1/2 inch) cover and steam until tender.  Drain then add seasonings and corn and cook for few minutes (4).  Stir in cheese and put in 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, top with bread crumbs.  Bake at 350 for 25 minutes uncovered.  So yummy.  If you do not like the taste of cumin just leave it out, it will be different but still delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment