Monday, June 25, 2012

Movie Night

This week I signed the kids up for the summer reading program at our local library. I am a huge reader (Bill laughs at me because I read all the time, even while blow drying my hair) and I read to the kids daily.  When I signed the kids up they both received a brand new book (they have not seen them yet because they are a vacation surprise), Sydney got a big hardcover Disney princess book and Griffin got a hardback Sandra Boynton book.  The library also a schedule of events and one of them is movie night.  So this past Friday after feeding the kids dinner, and giving them tubbies we got in pjs and headed to the library to watch It's a Bugs Life.  Well our family made up 4 of the 6 people that were there.  Oh well the librarian served us drinks and we enjoyed the show.  Two years ago we went and I just remember the room was full and dark and Griffin was in the stroller and decided to have an acid reflux vomiting episode.  Yes it was lovely.
After the movie we played around the fountain for a bit then headed home to put some sleepy kids to bed.

Does your library have a summer reading program and if so have you signed up yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment