Thursday, September 17, 2009

Family Favorite

I thought I would share this yummy recipe with you, the one for Apple Pizza that I mentioned in my post all about fall.

1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
4 large apples
cinnamon and sugar optional
1/2 Cup flour
2/3 Cup brown sugar
1 stick softened margarine

optional toppings, pecans, raisin, icing (made from milk and confectioners sugar)

Spread thawed bread dough on a greased pizza pan (I use my pampered chef stone, not greased). Peel, core and slice apples and spread on top of dough. Apples can mixed with cinnamon and sugar if desired (I usually add a little). Combine flour, brown sugar and margarine and crumble over apples. Sprinkle with optional topping such as raisins or nuts. Bake at 325 for 35-45 minutes. Drizzle with icing of confectioners sugar if desired (I leave this off usually). I also reduce to 6 T of margarine to cut down on fat. This is yummy still warm as dessert and also good for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment