Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ready?

We are making progress and getting closer to being ready. I went to the Doctor on Thursday and all is well. I am now dilated to 2 cm and 60% effaced. So we are making progress.
As I was waiting for her to come in the room it hit me, wow we are going to have a baby in less than 3 weeks. Are we ready? Yes. Are we ready for labor? Yes. In fact, I am not nervous about the labor at all. Last time I was worried about how I would handle the pain. My plan was to have no interventions or pain meds and it worked out beautifully. I had a very easy delivery with Sydney and I would say I was only in real pain for about 15 minutes before she was born. So this time around I am not nervous about the delivery or labor but I am nervous about making it to the hospital in time. I guess when it is time you just know, I did last time but I am worried about getting there in time.
Are we ready for a baby in the house again. Yes. Sydney is so excited and keeps asking when Dr. Brooks is going to get him out. The nursery is completely ready. Clothes are washed and put away. We are stocked up on diapers, wipes, and all the other essential supplies.
Are we ready to get up every 2 hours at night. Yes. Well I am, and I think Bill is ready to share in the responsibility. I am awake at least every 2 hours now to go to the bathroom and I just do not sleep well so I might as well be up snuggling and nursing with a baby. Some of my favorite times with Sydney were nursing in the middle of the night. Holding your baby that close and it being so still and quiet is an amazing moment.
Are we ready to take a diaper bad every where we go? Yes. We are out of the habit of taking anything when we walk out the door. Sydney is very much potty trained during the day so I usually do not even remember to take an extra outfit for her. It will take us a lot longer to get prepped to go and to walk out the door.
Are we ready for the responsibility of two? Yes. I sometimes think wow look at this little girl and we are totally responsible for her care. Does anyone else think this at times? I am amazed at how Sydney has grown and how she is just a little person with a mind and body of her own. Soon there will be 2 people dependant on us, how will that feel?
So are we ready for Griffin Sawyer to be born? Yes. We welcome his arrival any day. We are all so excited to see his little face. We keep talking about what color his hair might be and how big he might be and will he look at all like his big sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment