Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bring on the Veggies


Here is my macho husband after clearing this section of our property in preparation for raised beds. This spot was basically covered in some flowering ground cover and managed to collect lots of golf balls.

Garret and Bill working on building first raised bed.




Huge pile of top blend to fill beds, we lost count of how many wheel barrow loads it took to move dirt to beds.



Sydney helping daddy move dirt. Notice the tongue.






One bed filled, not yet planted.


One garden planted and Sydney watering.



Isn't see adorable?


Both beds filled, planted and ready. The first bed (left) cucumbers, kohl rabi, and peppers- one green, one red, one yellow, and one other kind I cannot remember now. The second bed has zucchini, green beans, and tomatoes - 2 early girls, 1 cherry and 1 roma.


The kids and I by finished beds- please disregard my look. Actually if it was a close up photo I would tell you to ignore the spit up on my shirt. Sydney has the daycare look going- dirty and bad hair. Oh well we are a happy.




















No comments:

Post a Comment