Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Girl Day

Sydney and I had a special girl day today, no boys allowed. We dropped Griffin off at daycare and headed to her dentist appointment for a check up and cleaning. Sydney did wonderful. She laid back in our laps and let the hygienist brush and floss and then she let Dr. L take a look and paint her teeth with dental varnish. I was so proud of her, she held my hands the entire time and never even whimpered. This was a huge improvement from the last visit which included lots of tears and us begging her to open her mouth. No cavities and a great report. We shopped at a few stores looking for a new basket for toys in the living room, no luck. So Sydney picked the pace for lunch, Chick-fil-A. I wanted Panera so bad but I told her she could pick so we went and she was so cute. She ate all her lunch- nuggets, fries and chocolate milk and asked for a bite of my sandwich. Then she told me she was still hungry and had room for a brownie so we shared one! Then it was off to a few more stores to look for a basket and we found a great one at World Market. We headed over to Bumper Jumpers and had a blast. We raced down slides, hide in a maze and bounced like crazy. Unfortunately my bladder is not quite in the shape it was prior to my two babies but it was still a great time. We screamed and squealed like only girls can. What a work out, we were both so sweaty and tired after 45 minutes that was all we could handle. Then we went on over to a shopping center to look for some shorts for me and had no luck. But I did find the deal of the year! We were shopping at Ann Taylor Loft and they had the jeans on sale, I found a pair of petite jeans marked from 59.99 to 49.99 and they were an additional 40% off. I was asking the lady if I could also use my coupon for 20 % off and she said no that applied to full price items and the pants were actually 14.88 and 40% off that price!!! I went back to the rack and grabbed another pair exactly the same. So each pair of jeans cost 8.93! I am so excited. I had numerous pairs of jeans but a few are from college and maybe even before and they do not fit now and they may never fit again. I am just stuck with the last 5-10 pounds but it is mainly around the middle. Oh well the shopping over all was depressing but the jean deal was so exciting. I love a bargain. Then it was back to Asheboro to get Sydney's hair trimmed. Syd took a nap in the car and I needed one but I was driving so no nap. She did great getting her hair cut and we then picked up brother and headed for home. It was a great day. I love spending time with my girl.

1 comment: