Friday, May 28, 2010

Only for a moment...

This is a picture of my kitchen floor, why would I take this picture? So I can remember what it looks like when it is clean. I washed the kitchen, laundry room and hallway floors on my hands and knees (which is the only way I wash floors) on Saturday. Prior to washing the floor I dusted the wooden blinds, dusted the chair rail and washed all the base boards. I love the feel of no grit on my bare feet when walking on the floor. When I was finished it looked so good and I knew it wouldn't last so I took pictures.



Monday night I was making instant potatoes (I know a few of you are thinking "really, she makes instant potatoes" yes, occasionally I do.) and Griffin reached for the packet just as I open it. I was holding it as far away from him as possible but it still spilled. Oh yeah, instant mashed potato flakes all down my shirt, in bra, all over Griffin and of course on my clean kitchen floor. I handed Griffin to Bill, knocked all the flakes off him then removed undergarments and wiped all the flakes off me and got out the dust buster. I spelled like sour cream and chive potatoes until I was able to shower after getting the kids bathed and in bed. So the clean floor is very fleeting. Tuesday night Bill knocked over the pitcher of crystal light and it was all over the floor. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment