Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Weekend Recap part 2

After dinner Saturday we grilled smores! No, this is not the traditional way to roast a marshmellow but it worked. I do have my limits and making a bonfire when it is 95 degrees and humid to roast 2 marshmellows is something I am not willing to do. Sydney enjoyed helping roast, the marshmellows got hot and gooey but did not burn.






We made two smores, one for each of us girls, Bill says he does not like them. He does however like chocolate candy bar, so we shared.



Sydney ate all of her smore just not as a sandwich.





licking chocolate




eating marshmellow








what a face




then she ate the graham crackers


Then Syd and I camped out in a tent. Can you see her dancing on the air mattress?










We caught lightening bugs, read a bag of books and talked. I will admit that I had to go in and get a fan and hook it up with an extension cord, it was just so hot. We had to make a potty trip in at 10 pm and other than that we woke up to the birds at 6. It was fun but I think we will wait to do it again in the fall when it is cooler.

3 comments:

  1. What fun Meghan! The boys LOVE camping in the back yard with dad. You are building so many memories with Sydney, she won't forget!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think bonfires are overrated...they make you smell like smoke. Unless your camping for the weekend I wouldn't bother. I'll take my smore minus the chocoate! Cute pictures! I say fall camping is the best, less bugs, less rain, and cool nights...

    ReplyDelete