Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend Recap

We had a very busy weekend, so busy and fun I think I am going to break it up into two posts. We started the weekend by going to the Friday Night Family movie at the library. The movie was The Princess and the Frog which we had not seen so we were excited. It was free and they gave out popcorn and drinks, what a deal. Everyone had a good time even Griffin (well until he threw up). Griffin actually sat and watched the movie for a good amount of time.

We saw some friends there, Max and his grandma and another family from daycare.

We ate popcorn

Saturday we were up bright and early (as usual) and by 7 Sydney and I had made a banana cake, yummy. Then it was off to the Farmer's Market.






We walked around town after making our purchase and then headed home.





Fresh beets. Yum. These take me back to my childhood because we always grew beets in the garden. I have been buying canned beets for Greek salads but I am not sure if Bill has ever had fresh beets. So I boiled them until tender, peeled and then sliced and sauteed with a little butter and salt. We paid 1.00 per pound and bought 2 pounds which made plenty. We had some for dinner both nights this weekend and I have some left for salads for the week.




I just think the color is beautiful and they are rich in Magnesium and also iron. We also made a trip to the pool and then.....
part 2 coming soon.







1 comment:

  1. We went to a Farmer's Market on Saturday too! FUN stuff! I'm gonna have to give beets a try at home. They look beautiful. Sorry your little guy threw up at the movie. Bummer. We're headed to the library today to return books and movies and replinish! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete