Thursday, November 18, 2010

Christmas Star

I am making a Christmas craft, as I usually do. I started out making these for several people and the list keep growing and honestly I am not sure how many I am going to get done. I really wanted to make a bunch for our own tree but we will see. They are not hard to make just a bit time consuming and rough on the hands. I really think I need a stronger wire cutter.
So here is the wire 16 and 20 gauge. I bought mine at Lowe's Hardware- cannot remember cost but cheap.

I found a scrap of wood in the shed and used a star to put nails in the board.
I actually have made a few smaller stars- cookie cutter size but I like the larger star better (5.5 inches from point to point). So I wrap and bend the thicker wire around the outside of star and then cut wire- wrap overlapping section to secure. Then wrap thinner wire around each point and across star.



Then I made a tag and used a brad to lace ribbon through. At first I tried silver spray glitter but mine got clogged and wasn't glittery enough. So I bought adhesive spray and sprinkled with silver glitter.
Finished product


I think they are pretty and the picture does not do them justice. I am excited to see what they look like hanging on a tree with white lights.



Are you making any Christmas crafts? Care to share ideas?



1 comment: