Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Turkeys and thankful hearts

A new month and new additions to our table. I made four turkeys, one for each of us, I think they are adorable.


Griffin



Sydney (this is the one she picked)


Momma (I meant for this to be Syd's)



Daddy

In addition to the turkeys we changed the message on our chalkboard plate, "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good" Psalm 136:1a
We have an empty glass pumpkin (from my mother in law years ago) that we are putting a slip of paper in each day. Every morning we all write what we are thankful for on the paper.
On the first day Sydney said "all the people around us", Bill said "Sydney and Griffin", I said "our jobs" and when we asked Sydney what she thought Griffin was thankful for she said "his paci". It is going to be fun to read back through them at the end of the month. I will share more along the way. I want us to be sure to focus on the season of Thanksgiving. How are you celebrating this season?





2 comments:

  1. Wow! Such a great idea. You should send it in to a magazine or something, you could win a prize. We all need to be more thankful. My list is a mile long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea...and adorable turkeys!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete