Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Random info

We had a great weekend. Bill had to work Saturday but our friend Missy came over and photographed our children and also some of my friends and their families. It was fun to see everyone get their picture taken. Here are a few of our outside pictures taken the weekend before.
http://missymabus.zenfolio.com/p698734800/slideshow



Griffin had another ear check on Monday and his left ear is still blocked with some of the blood/drainage from when his ear drum ruptured last month. The poor boy has had 3 shots of rocephin and may still not be better. We have an appointment with ENT later this week. Our hearts just break that he is having all these ear infections and we just want him to be well.



My work is getting busier and busier with the fall season. Pediatrics is always busy in the fall and winter so my hands are cracking and bleeding because I wash them all day!



We are talking a lot about being thankful and the season of Thanksgiving at our house. I posted earlier that we are writing on a paper slip each day what each of us is thankful for and putting it in our glass pumpkin. Some days what Sydney says is funny but she can be thankful for anything she wants. We truly have so much to be thankful for and I never want any of us to take our blessings for granted. Are you doing anything special for the Thanksgiving season at your house? It will just be the four of us at our home for our actual Thanksgiving celebration but that's okay with us. Living away from family is difficult especially around the holidays.



Our baby girl turns four this Friday-WOW! We are amazed by Sydney every day and we are so thankful for her life. I need to do something special for her on the actual day, but we already had the party on Griffin's birthday.



We had to turn on our heat this past week, bummer. We are layering up and adding extra blankets to the beds because we cannot afford a crazy heat bill already. Have you turned on your heat?

Sydney is getting so good at writing her name! We are so proud of her and how she loves to learn.

Griffin really started walking this weekend, he is every where. He gets so excited for himself.

I am listening to KLOVE online and getting ready to tackle the bills.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Love! Love! LOVE the pictures. My favorites are the family on the wall - panoramic view. You have to do it up big and put it on your livingroom wall. The one of Griffin & Bill - he's a little doll. Sydney - well Syd's pictures are all great, such a poser. Great Job Missy! I'd love to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately we had to turn our heat on in SEPTEMBER! We keep it at 69, though...so if it is warm enough, it won't kick on. The joys of living in Michigan :) :)

    Remember how I left you a comment a couple weeks back about the company I joined? They have some AMAZING lotion and other things that help with extremely dry hands...I was skeptical at first, but was VERY impressed when I tried it out. It is amazing how long that stuff lasts and keeps my hands soft (I have probably washed my hands 6 times already, and I can still feel the difference)!

    Normally I struggle with dry skin all winter, but I think this may be the first winter I don't!!

    If you are interested in learning more, feel free to leave a comment on my blog, or email me at mom4saferhomes(at)gmail(dot)com. I REALLY think you would like the company...and I am not just saying that!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete