I have mentioned before that we get the Thriving Family publication by Focus on the Family and it is full of great articles, reviews and activities.
This month there is a great activity for preschoolers (and adults). The kids and I will be doing this together on Friday.
6 plastic eggs- each a different color
bread crumb, paper cross, strip of cloth, rock and piece of candy
As you tell the story of the Resurrection let your child open each egg and you can explain the meaning as you go along
1. Bread crumb: Jesus ate dinner with his friends (Luke 22:14-15)
2. Cross: The next day, Jesus died on the Cross (John 19: 17-18)
3. Strip of cloth: He was wrapped in cloth and placed in a tomb (John 19:40)
4. Rock: A stone was placed in front of the tomb (Matthew 27:59-60)
5. Empty Egg: Jesus' friends came to the tomb and saw the stone has been moved. The tomb was empty. (Luke 24:1-3)
6. Candy: Jesus is alone. That is the sweet surprise of Easter. (Matthew 28:5-6)
Encourage your child to retell the story in their own words.
23 hours ago