Friday, December 18, 2009

Calzones anyone?


I like to make homemade pizza but everyone around here does not always want the same toppings. My solution- calzones! I will admit I usually buy Pillsbury pizza dough for a short cut but on this particular day I forgot to buy the dough at the store so I was forced to make my own. It turned out wonderful! Sydney enjoyed helping of course and watching the dough rise. Sydney's calzone was stuffed with pepperoni, lots of mushrooms, cheese, a touch of pizza sauce and a few green olives (the girl is crazy about all olives). Bill's had pepperoni, mushrooms, green pepper, cheese, pizza sauce and mine had everything that Bill's had plus green olives and some artichokes. Yum. Of course we had extra sauce for dipping. So easy and much better than take out, much cheaper too!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! That is so funny...exactly what we are doing for lunch today...in fact, I need to get off the computer and get going on them!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete