Thursday, December 24, 2009

Out of the mouth of a 3 year old!

Sydney says some pretty funny stuff. Last night Bill and I were talking about my day with the kids and I told him I wish there was a tape recorder going at all times so I could catch things that Syd says. Two nights ago I put Sydney to bed and she put up a fight. I was frustrated because we had read a stack of books and then I rocked her and Griffin at the same time while singing Away in a Manger. So I tucked her in a came down stairs and listened to her cry for a few minutes. I cannot handle my girl crying herself to sleep so I headed back upstairs to try some soothing. I reminded Sydney of all the fun things we did together that day and told her to close her eyes and think about all the presents Santa might bring to her house. To this she replied "I can't." I asked "you can't what?" Sydney then said "I can't close my eyes because my eyes are swollen." I tried not to laugh and said "fine lay there with your eyes open and think about all the presents Santa might bring.

Last night the living room looked like a tornado had hit. I just knew she would give me a fight about picking up toys so I decided to attempt to make picking up a game. I told her we were going to play "beat the timer" so we set the timer and raced into the living room to pick up. She was putting memory cards back in the box and I was picking up blocks and she yells "hurry mommy get your arms moving". I cracked up! Well we beat the timer so high fives we passed out and mission accomplished the living room was clean.

She is too funny sometimes. I keep a journal for each of the kids and I write down stuff they say and do with the date. Some entries are detailed and pages long and some are one liners. I try to write things like this that Sydney says and little things she does so one day I can read through and reminisce I plan to give the journals to my kids one day, maybe when they leave home.
Have your kids said anything funny lately?

1 comment:

  1. Out of the mouths of babes. I love it when you share those little things that I'm not there to experience. Amanda told me some cute things that Michael's said lately on the phone last night. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete