Thursday, January 21, 2010

Imagination. Who knew a recliner could turn into a horse? My husband has quite the imagination. Since this past weekend he and Sydney have been playing this game and pretending that the recliner is a horse! Apparently you need a ticket to ride this horse so they pretend to put it in the slot and then use the reigns to get the horse to go. The horse rears up and gets wild. Sydney thinks this game is hilarious. My husband has had these recliners for years so hopefully they will hold up! I can remember as a child playing horses in the backyard with my neighbor and sisters. We would use the grass clippings to outline the barn and our houses and then we would pretend to take our horses out riding. We played for hours! I think kids these days lack some imagination because they spend too much time watching TV and playing video games. I am a huge fan of playing out doors and imaginative play. What did you play and pretend as a child?

4 comments:

  1. I am with you Meghan! I love it when kids use their imaginations. It is alwasy amazing to me to see what the boys come up with...and they come up with a lot. They are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally remember making grass houses! I made one with my kids last year at this soccer field that had just been mowed and they thought it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. audra used to make subway sandwiches out of snow and dead leaves... and we pretended our bikes were schoolbuses (had to pick up kids, drop them up, change the station on the radio).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I knew how many hours worth of school I played with a certain someone... :)

    ReplyDelete