Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I inspired myself

A friend recently emailed me asking for easy breakfast recipes for during the week. I rattled off all kinds of stuff and then thought to myself "why don't I make that for breakfast during the week?" So this past week I made this recipe, Spanish Omelet and baked it Sunday to have for a few mornings during the week. I actually had some extra sauce left over from Christmas morning so I thawed it out and warmed a little each morning with the egg casserole. Yummy. Some of my ideas were an egg casserole, which you can vary a lot, microwaving an egg and putting it on an English muffin with a piece of cheese and maybe a thin slice of ham, yogurt and granola, oatmeal (you could actually make ahead of time and just rewarm with some milk). Another idea is homemade waffles, make on Sunday and again just rewarm during the week. I may do this this weekend for next week. I love using my waffle maker and I have a great recipe for oatmeal waffles that is super healthy! What do you eat for breakfast during the week?

1 comment:

  1. I would LOVE your oatmeal waffle recipe...if you are OK with sharing... :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete