Friday, January 8, 2010

Panacea

It is a bit difficult to read the sign below but it says Panacea. Do you know what panacea means? I did not know but Bill did. Panacea is a remedy for all ills or difficulties: a cure-all.

This is a coffee shop that we found on our recent trip to the mountains. The name of the coffee shop is Panacea.

The above sign is a bit difficult to read also but it says "coffee good, morning bad." Funny. This coffee shop was so cool. They roast their own beans and had the roaster right at the front of the shop. The building is an old warehouse that they renovated. It was very open, with high ceilings. They had tables and chairs, comfy couches (great for nursing) and over stuffed chairs were you could sit while enjoying a great cup of coffee or latte.


A cup of coffee was a dollar. They had great little snacks, Sydney enjoyed 2 homemade gingerbread man cookies. The lunch menu looked delicious but it was a bit early for lunch when we were there and we had just eaten.



We drove past this building three times the night before while looking for a certain restaurant but did notice the coffee shop. When Bill complimented our waiter at the Inn (where we stayed while in the mountains) on the taste of the coffee he told us about this coffee shop that roasts coffee for the Inn. We are glad we went to check it out.

So what is your Panacea? Is it coffee?



2 comments:

  1. Wow! what a cool place. I'm into flavored coffee. I just bought some Pumpkin Spice Latte it was an after Christmas clearance. YUMMY! I wish they had it all year long.

    Popcorn is my Panacea. I like to eat it when I've had a stressful day. If I'm anxious about a coming event. If I'm bored. If I'm sad. It cures just about everything. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would say that about popcorn! Chocolate may be my panacea.

    ReplyDelete