Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dreaming

I am day dreaming and planning in my head how I am going to plant my garden this year. These pictures were taken of our garden in Indiana.

Just the right size to grow tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, beans, lettuce and herbs.


Growing up we always had a garden so naturally I wanted to have one after Bill and I got married. It took a bit of convincing but he finally agreed. We enjoyed a garden every year we lived together in Indiana.

When we moved to North Carolina the first summer I decided to plant tomatoes and peppers at the back of the yard along the fence, well it was a flop. So last year I really wanted raised beds but Bill was so busy with other projects and work that we never got to it. Well he has promised me raised beds this year. I am so excited. I know Sydney will love helping me water and watching things grow. I come from a long line of gardeners and it is actually one of the things I hope to pass onto my children.
Will you be planting a garden this year?


1 comment:

  1. We have had a garden of some variety or another for the last several years. Stephen is the one who inherited the gardening but from his dad, and right now his thing is square foot gardening. We have cherry trees that didn't turn out and need replaced. One of my other favorite things is our fence row of blackberries. Bumper crop last year and I did my first batch of freezer jam with some of them.

    ReplyDelete