Monday, March 8, 2010

A Request

I have a request for you....please just consider sponsoring a child through Compassion International. A fellow blogger MckMama and her husband are in Kenya right now meeting the child they sponsor and many more children who need a sponsor. As I have been reading MckMama's blog the past week I felt my heart softening. Bill and I discussed it at dinner Sunday and we are now the proud sponsors of a 5 year old girl named Astride. We will introduce you to her in another post. I read through Compassion International's site and I feel they are an excellent organization doing amazing things in the lives of the children and families around the world. This is not the first time I have sponsored a child. When I was in high school I sponsored a little girl named Liniah through World Vision. My income while in high school was meager compared to our income now however I now have more responsibilities and bills. Part of me kept thinking I should wait until I have more things paid off and one instant later I think that is crazy children are hungry and living in despicable conditions, how can I wait to make a difference in their life. We are so fortunate to have been born into the country and families that we were and to have had the opportunities to bring us to this point in our lives. I feel sponsoring a child is one small thing we can do to share our blessings with others. I could go on and on but honestly I am tired and still have laundry to fold. Please click here and go on over to MckMama's site and read through some of her recent posts and look at the pictures and consider sponsoring a child with Compassion International. If you are reading this post and you also have a blog I ask you to write a post about Compassion International and the children around the globe who need a sponsor.

No comments:

Post a Comment