Monday, March 8, 2010

Embarrassing



I cannot believe I am going to admit this but I am. Not Me Monday is all about admitting the things we do that are a bit silly, crazy, or embarrassing. This is definitely embarrassing. This past week when I took Syd to the ENT again. If you have not read about her upcoming surgery read this post. So Sydney gets her vitals taken and then we are waiting in the room for Dr. W. Of course Syd is sitting on my lap because she is a bit scared and really does not care for male physicians. Dr. W comes in and we talk about how she has been, he looks in ears and throat and then we discuss the particulars of her upcoming surgery. We discuss biofilms and a few things that he probably does not go in to detail about with the average parent but me being a PA we can have these conversations. Then I fill out some paperwork with the nurse while trying to keep an eye on Syd who manages to get into a few things that I specifically asked her not to touch! Why my child has to act up when I am trying to make a good impression I have no idea. We then proceed to the front of the office and pay our bill. I get out to the car and put Syd in the car seat, yes strapping her in this time. Then I get in and realize my zipper is undone! Are you kidding me? I think I actually said this out loud. So now I am thankful Syd was on my lap the whole time hopefully hiding my hot pink underwear. How embarrassing!

1 comment:

  1. he he. someday i will do a not me monday post, but i can't think of anything for it yet! maybe that's a good thing, huh?

    p.s. i talk about biofilms all the time... not.

    ReplyDelete