Thursday, March 11, 2010

Popovers and Jordan Pond




A walk down memory lane. Bill and I honeymooned in Maine. My sister and Derek had recently moved out there and my family was going to be in Maine visiting so we headed that way after our wedding. We spent 2 nights I believe at the Graycote Inn and then stayed at my sisters and also a condo where my parents and two little sisters were staying. I would show pics but this was prior to our digital camera. While in Maine we went to Acadia National Park and spent the day hiking and driving around. We stopped at Jordan Pond Restaurant and had lunch. We both experienced popovers for the first time. The batter reminds me a bit of crepes and they are hollow. Very light and so delicious with fresh Maine blueberry jam. My mouth is watering just writing this post. I recently saw a cooking show and the lady was making popovers! I have not had a pop over since that day on our honeymoon (7.5 years ago). So last Sunday Sydney helped me make them. It is a great recipe to let kids help with because it involves the blender which is always fun for kids and Syd loved watching them pop up. Ours did not turn out nearly as big as the ones at the restaurant because we used a regular muffin tin but they were still yummy. I happened to have some Maine blueberry jam (thanks Amanda) so it was just like old times. Here is the recipe. So yummy, basic ingredients and very easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment