Friday, April 9, 2010

Tostada


This was dinner Monday night! So delicious.



Avocado Tostada
Warm skillet and put in 2 tsp canola oil, heat til warm, lightly brown flour tortilla in skillet and then put it on a baking sheet. Layer black beans and cheese (I used cheddar and mont jack combo), put in oven at 350 until cheese is melted and beans are warm, about 5 mins. Then top with chopped lettuce, sliced avocado ( I used 1 per tortilla), some sour cream and salsa. You can use canned blacks beans (drain and rinse) but I buy my beans dried and I cook a big batch in crock pot and then I freeze them in 1 cup portions. I seasoned the beans just before putting them on the tortilla with a little salt, cumin and chili powder. Dried beans are so much cheaper than canned but obviously they take a long time to cook so I just do it in advance and keep them in freezer in zip lock bags and thaw as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment