Monday, August 2, 2010

Honking his horn!

Today was my day. A day to do anything I wanted to do. Revision anything within reason, and my budget. Saturday I was home with the kids all day. Please do not judge too harshly, I love my children, but I do need a break from time to time. My sweet husband said he would watch the kids Sunday and I could go do whatever I wanted for whatever length of time. Isn't he sweet.

Since it was short notice I did not have a girlfriend lined up to go out with, but I am comfortable going out alone and in fact sometimes I enjoy being completely by myself.
After doing a few things around the house I took a shower and got ready without any interruptions, this alone is a rare occurrence. I said goodbye and gave a few final instructions and headed out the door.


I went to Greensboro, driving with the windows partly down (it was cool here today, FINALLY) and listening to K-Love. I went and had lunch at a little cafe and read my book. Then I walked around an outdoor shopping mall and went into Borders for an hour or two. I wasn't keeping track of time. I broused the shelves and picked up a few books to look at then ordered a coffee and a cookie and settled into read and relax. After a while I decided to go visit a few of my favorite stores. I called and checked on everyone and Bill assured me everyone was fine. He told me to enjoy and not to hurry back I deserved a break more often than I actually get one. I spent a good hour in a store called Toy and Company looking at all the games and fun toys they have for kids. Usually I make a mad dash through this store to grab a birthday present or a surprise gift. It was so nice to move at a leisurely pace. I walked around outside the stores just enjoying the cooler weather and the peace. Then I decided to head home, all the way home thinking how much I missed my gang.

When I got home and pulled in the driveway I waited a moment to see if Syd came running out. No Sydney, so I headed in and the house was so quiet. Where could they be when I had the car with the carseats? I looked around the house fully expecting them to jump out from behind something to scare me. No one was home. Then I remembered Bill had taken the stroller out of the car and it was missing so they must be on a walk. I started prepping some veggies for dinner and soon they arrived home. Sydney was excited to see me and Griffin kept giving me his big open mouth kisses, which were my favorite until he recently got a few teeth. It was a good day. I need time away to relax and rejuvenate but it does not take me long to want to be back at home with everyone. I am thankful I have a husband who realizes I need time away and is happy to stay with the kids so I can get away.

No comments:

Post a Comment